BABY MASSAGE is a lovely way to bond with your new baby. Babies love touch and skin to skin contact helps to reduce levels of the stress hormone and increase levels of the “happy” hormone helping them feel calm and safe which helps them to sleep better and sleep deeper. Massage improves muscle tone, circulation and improve immunity. It aids digestion and the abdominal and Colic Massage techniques are a very effective form of relief for a baby who may be suffering from painful bouts of wind, colic and constipation.
Baby massage is a wonderful way for Mom and Dad to get to know their new baby. It is a great way to communicate and encourages eye contact and bonding. My aim for this course is to teach the Ancient Art of Baby Massage techniques throughout the weeks so you can start performing them on your baby from the first day. We will learn different parts of the massage techniques over the 6 weeks so by the end of the course your baby will be receiving a full body massage to give them and internal and external boost. Baby Massage can be practised and continued over the years of your baby and child to help them grow and develop.
I am a certified Infant Massage Instructor with the International Association of Infant massage so you may be able to claim back your baby massage fees. Please check with you health insurance provider.
What to bring to class:
- A baby blanket for your baby.
- Wear comfortable clothing as all massage work will take place on the floor.
What is provided for your course:
- Baby Massage Cold pressed Vegtable Oils
- Baby Massage Techniques information handouts
- Baby Massage Cushions
- Handouts relevant to course discussions
- A Certificate on Completion of the course
- Tea/Coffee, biscuits and chat with other Moms at the end of the class
This is a baby friendly class so please feel free to change, feed or soothe your baby throughout the class as often and needed and rejoin when you and your baby are ready.
The wonderful benefits of Baby Massage:
- Baby massage helps to relieve wind, colic, gas and constipation.
- It helps to improve sleep patterns and deepen short bouts of sleep.
- It can help to calm and settles your baby through calming the central nervous system and improves immune systems to help fight colds and flu.
- It enhances bonding as babies thrive on skin to skin contact and communication.