MUM & BABY YOGA classes includes yoga for both Mom and baby. It balances stretching and moving sequences with your baby to fun songs and rhymes to co-ordinate the movements. These classes include gentle based yoga for Mum to help promote toning of the pelvic, back and tummy muscles. Yoga for baby includes legs, hips and arms stretches to help promote physical developmental stages and also aid digestions, wind and constipation. This class is a fun way to interact with your baby through movement and singing and finishes with a well deserved relaxation for both Mom and baby. It is a great way to get you and your baby physically active in a relaxed and friendly environment. Your baby is sure to be tired at the end of this class, Mom too.
This course is suitable for babies 12 weeks until pre-crawling stage. Moms please ensure you have GP’s clearance post pregnancy to exercise and please advise should you have any injuries or pre-existing conditions.
Baby yoga is baby friendly class so please feel free to change, feed or soothe your baby throughout the class as often as needed and rejoin when you and your baby are ready.
What to Bring:
- Wear comfortable clothes for yoga work for both yourself and your baby.
- Please remove shoes for class and socks for baby (optional)
- Please bring along your baby’s favourite toy as this may keep them entertained during breathing techniques and relaxation.
- I have spare yoga mat for you to borrow however, should you have your own you are welcome to bring it along and a bottle of water to keep yourself hydrated during class.
- Tea/coffee will be provided at the end of the class for Moms to enjoy and chat to other Moms from the group.